Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Time to Buckle Down!

     I really want to be better about making post on my blog.  Letting everyone know the lameness of my life.  :)  I've been a really big slacker and I promise to do better!  From now on, I want to set a goal of once a week.  Wait, let's be realistic, once every two weeks and then when I do it once a week it will be above and beyond!  Good goal! 

     So far this school year has had many ups and downs.  I want to talk about my up.  First, I carpool with Shawnee.  She's the high school biology teacher, FFA advisor, and Sophmore class advisor.  The Sophmores are my little puppies.  I student taught them in 6th grade, taught them in 7th grade and again in 8th grade.  Now they are in high school all grown up!  I wish I was going to be here to see them graduate, but I'll probably move on to a high paying teaching job in a foreign state.... Wyoming!  That's the plan as of today but we will see.  Back to this year, Shawnee is so fun to carpool with.  I am learning a lot from her and I look forward to chatting with her each day as we see things very similarly.  I'm tempted to move to high school next year and work with her! 

     Second, I get to be STUCO advisor next year with Sam.  He's the current advisor so we will team advise.  I have big plans and I'm super excited about all of the changes I'm going to make and things that we will do as a school!  If you have ideas let me know!

     Third, my yearbook class.  Now, I wasn't too excited about being yearbook advisor, MS STUCO advisor, volleyball/track coach, and taking 5 credits, but that's where I am!  So I've made them my project class.  They come in and I give them projects; this happens while I work one on one with the kids to make their yearbook pages.  I'm hoping that it is the best yearbook yet!  The girls and two boys, have been really helpful and a lot of fun.  I only have one month now before the yearbook is due, so let's pray it gets finished!!  I won't use their real names in the pictures, so here are their nicknames.

Kyky, Bing, and myself working on yearbook pages.  Yes that is a Canada scarf!
     I had a really funny thing happen last Friday.  I was doing Zumba with the health class (it is during my prep) and I was standing in the back with some girls dancing.  One girl looks at me and says, "Ms. Bevans, I wish you were my mom!"  I laughed and said, "Well, how old is your mom?" (Thinking that her mom would be older, like in their 40's or so, bc why else would she compare us?) She replies with a giggle, "She just turned 29 last week!"  I started laughing and explained to her that her mother was only 3 years older than I am!  It was too classic and funny.  I felt pretty old at that point, but I am still the young hip teacher dancing Zumba in the back!

4 comments:

  1. It will be neat to see what happens with Wyoming. It's nice to have those fun students to look forward to. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spring and Sean FamilyJanuary 27, 2011 at 10:16 PM

    Cute cute picture. And what the CRAP?!?! You can't move to Wyomning? That's the dumbest idea I have heard all day. But I still love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spring and Sean FamilyJanuary 27, 2011 at 10:17 PM

    I just read my post and someone who doesn't know the loving and wonderful Spring might think I had something against Wyoming, which I don't, Wyoming is actually pretty cool, but you CAN'T LEAVE ME! Okay, I'm done now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now the question is, did her mom really turn 29 or was she turning "29" like some people do for year after year? :D And I'm sure all the kids like you-you're cute and energetic and so much fun!

    ReplyDelete