Saturday, March 31, 2012

So sick of being in bed!

So I went and bought a king bed.  Yep, I know, why do I need a new bed?  Well, simply because I bought my bed used.... gross I know but I was poor!!  Secondly, it was old old old and made noise every time I moved.  Third, because I knew I was going to have surgery and be confounded to my bed for a time.  I however, did not take into account that I would be in it for a week straight!  So after watching two tv series (Switched at Birth.... I LOVE that show, for some reason I feel like I connect to it because I'm a twin, but it has absolutely NOTHING to do with being a twin... strange I know!) and grading papers, I decided that I can't stay at home any longer and I need to do something.  I saw this on pinterest a long time ago and have wanted to make them since.  I kind of carefully drove to Walmart - I'm not supposed to be driving on my meds...- and bought some fabric and felt.  I went home and drew a pattern for me to use and started sewing from my new king bed!  Which I finally bought sheets for but still need to buy a frame and comforter!  Back to the best thing of the day!  I made FIVE of these cute little things and I'm going to make more tomorrow.  I messed up and had to redo one twice because I was on the phone with Sabrina and apparently I can't multitask!  But in my defense, I'm still on pain medication...  I so love these owl, they are fun to make and totally cute.  Here are the pictures.

My first one, lets call him Blacky!

My second one.... purple paisley wings and zebra body.... interesting. :)

Then the boy one in the middle!  Worms cover him, I was really wanting to make some chevron ones, but I couldn't find chevron fabric anywhere!!  I was sad sad sad but once I find it I'll be making more of these puppies!!  Owls, they are owls.

All FIVE of my cute little creations.

So update on my surgery for those that care.  I had four little incisions on my tummy, one in my belly button.  My doctor basically told me after that I have stage 4 edometriosis, and that means I have to be on birth control constantly.  It sucks bc I hate what that does to me but I'll have to learn to live with it.  I got cauterized and dnc'ed.  So I've been healing slowly to me but he said it was an extensive surgery and it could take 3 weeks.  I've been out of school for 2 weeks now and I hope to go back on Monday and be able to stay all day.  I better jet, I'm feeling pretty sickly right now but probably bc I need to sleep!! :)

4 comments:

  1. LOVE the owls!!! And of course you are tired, is that time correct? 3:17am. Silly girl. Hope you recover soon! Lots of love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The owls are adorable--so cute! I'm so sorry you have had such a hard time with recovery. Poor thing!

    And just a note, I know that with me once I've been on a bc pill for a couple of months I adjust to the hormones and they don't bother me anymore. Those first three or four months are stinky but then I don't even notice it anymore. Hopefully you'll be the same!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well aren't you just becoming Miss Martha ;o) Love the owls, they are very adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look awesome. aaawww a king bed what ever do you do in such a big thing.

    ReplyDelete