Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Canada in July

This summer I was able to go to Alberta Canada for about a week.  It was so much fun to visit my family up there and not have any pressing demands for events. :)
Cardston Temple <3
 First Suzi and I drove to Aunt Ruby's house and just barely made it across the border before it closed...  not really we crossed at dinnertime.  So it was perfect!  We went to Aunt Ruby's house, got settled in and then partied all night!  We arose the next morning, packed up, and drove to Calgary where we stayed with my Aunt Becky.  It was a blast with her at her house.  We played with her, Kristin, and Uncle Bryce.  After a delicious pizza dinner, we chatted until bedtime.  The next day Aunt Becky drove us to the C train.  Like the UTA Trax...  and we took it to the.......... Calgary Stampede!!
Calgary Home of the New West!
The Stampede was a blast.  There was so much to see and do.  First we booked it over to the rodeo.  We made it just in time to get our seats and then sing the national anthem.  The rodeo was awesome.  There was some really run bull riders, barrel racers, and team roping.  Then they let the young kids try shetland pony riding!  There were 3 boys and they had to chase the pony with one holding a rope around the pony's neck, and one boy had to jump on the pony.  It was super funny and entertaining.  The barrel racing champion was Sue Smith from Blackfoot Idaho!  Afterward we went to the big barn with all the animals and I made Suzi pet a heifer because she had never before! Then we went back and played with Aunt Becky and Uncle Bryce again.
Banff National Park on a trail to a sweet waterfall
The next day we headed out to Banff National Park.  It was a great day with a lot of fun places to see, and then a rain storm!  We had fun but the weather could have been nicer!  When we got back, we headed out to Aunt Becky's horse stable and Suzi and she went riding for about an hour.  After we cleaned the horse smell off of Suzi, we drove back down to Cardston.  Aunt Becky's house was awesomely fun and I felt like I got to know Uncle Bryce a little bit better.
Lake Victoria celebration!
Back in Cardston, we just played.  All of Aunt Ruby's kids came over and we had a bonfire one night, Aunt Laura came and yelled at Jeff and I.... I tried to get him out of it but she was still mad.  A lot nicer because I went and talked to her first.  Jeff and I were four wheeling all over during the early night, like 10:30, and she was mad because I had Jeff drive down her driveway.  OOPS!!  I had an absolute blast playing with them.  We kept Jeff up until almost 4 am!  He almost died.  Then I got to play with Jordan and Chantelle.  I love them.  It was totally worth the trip and I was dying to stay longer but couldn't.  I love Canada!
Good Luck!

1 comment: