Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Day 19: Busy School Day

Today I just want to vent like a 12 year old school girl... but I will try my best to refrain.  All in all, a wonderful day!  School was great, I only had 3 1/2 classes compared to my 6!  We took our spelling test, which I'm nervous to grade tomorrow... EK!  I had my favorite hater teacher tell my aide that if she saw me, she would growl at me.  All because I offered to bring some stuff to help them with their ISAT rewards party.  Wow, impressive of that lady, seriously people don't get mature at 55 I guess.  Apparently I'm a horrible teacher and I told this lady that is 55 she didn't know how to teach or manage kids after 22 years of teaching.  But I got to come home and make dinner with my friend Beth. We made chicken enchiladas, on my food blog.  I love it, today we added black beans, still supper yummy!  Then the girls and I just hung out.  I do need your advice, opinion.  I have a shelf that my father made when I was little.  It is oak and my room is all white and blue.  My walls are blue, my crown molding/trim work, dresser, bedspread, and curtains are all white.  Picture frames vary from silver to black to a oak that I'm painting white tomorrow.  My question is...  Should I paint the shelf white or leave it traditional oak?  I think I'd like it either way, but I don't want to take away from the original shelf.  Let me know what you think!!  It has somewhat sentimental value, but then again not really at all.  Thanks for your help!!

WELL, pictures won't upload.  I'll put it up tomorrow! NIGHT!

Here, it's dark but all I could do!


3 comments:

  1. Sorry about your "hated" teacher episode. It's too bad after three years she still can't get over what happened. (Sigh). . . oh well.
    Anyway, as far as the shelf is concerned, if you think it will always be in your room, I would paint it white, but if you think one day you will move it into a room where it would be prettier as oak, I would leave it. (I know. I am not very much help. Tayler says I am a fence-sitter because I can never make up my mind.:) Either way, I am sure it will be beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just knew Shelly would be the first to reply and say, "Paint it!!" She seriously is a spray can addict. Hope she doesn't sniff it too. Ha ha hahaaaaaa. Oh I crack myself up. Anyway, I say paint it white too. I love white. But what I love more is that you have our picture on your shelf. You are too sweet. Love ya tons! And love you too Shelly if you read this, and seriously, huffing is not good. :) baha haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad you can laugh about the old lady.

    ReplyDelete