Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Day 5: Cinco de Mayo and District Track!

Today is Cinco de Mayo, and Suzi had surgery on her right hand from our car wreck.  She is doing good so far, I have to help her walk places and feed her food and pills, but she's going to be great soon I hope!  School was super fun because my students had a T.A.T.U. assembly, Teens Against Tobacco Use, and they loved it and I loved not having class.  Haha.  Track left at 11:15 today, so it was crazy running out the door as soon as lunch started.  I left some fun yarn weaving/ handbag making projects for my seventh graders to do, ran as fast as possible, and jumped on the bus! Off we went for RIRIE!!  Reminds me of when Jenny Oris and I would go and visit Brigham Cook.  The sign on the way into Ririe reads, Smile! You're not lost...  You're in Ririe!  District track meet was great, we started field events at 1 P.M.  Ben and I had long jump and had to trade for discus.  Bummer because discus should take longer than long jump, but because of our expertise, we were done first out of all the field events!  I snapped some photos of our hecka COLD and WINDY day.  It even started raining/snowing for about 5 minutes.  Then, as luck would have it, at the end of the meet the sun came out to meet us.  So we went home.  I was bundled up with two blankets for the meet.  Oh, lovely Idaho weather.
 
Alexa, Alyssa, and I at the meet in Ririe, GO HUSKIES!!

When I got home, I made a treat for Suzi.  We participate in Bountiful Baskets and received an ACORN squash the other week.  I had no idea what to do with it and found a great recipe I'll put on my blog later (spicy apple acorn squash).  So I worked hard bc from the hospital she called and said she wanted it.  Then it turns out she didn't.... haha.  But here is the picture, looks good but I haven't tried it yet!  Busy busy Wednesday.  Tomorrow will be slower for sure!  School meetings tomorrow.  I hope they go well!

4 comments:

  1. That does look good and healty to. It makes me think of high school track meets. oh, to be a kid again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do what?? What wreck, and unless I haven't heard about ANOTHER one, what's with Suzie's hand? I didn't know there was anything wrong with it when I was there...am I missing something??

    ReplyDelete
  3. How did your kids do? Did they win? What kind of surgery did Suzie have? Sorry about all the questions; I'm just curious. Also, are you going to institute this semester? I am in Brother Steed's class again on Thursdays for the second half of Book of Mormon if you want to join me, Tayler, and Luke. We would love to see you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Track days, some days I miss those.

    ReplyDelete