Monday, May 31, 2010

Day 31: Wind Caves and Snow snow snow

First I want to share some photos of the past. :)

One of my best students, Alyssa Hawkes.  Her mom wanted photos of us together, she was my best volleyball player and track star, won the puppy of the year award (best student and athlete), a hard worker, and my first student council president! She's so much fun.  Also, her mom is destined to set me up with their cousin who is an engineer so I can be part of the family.  Good stuff!!

First is Katelyn, whom I car pooled with this past year. It was really good because we became good friends and saved money at the same time! Carpooling wasn't that bad with her!  Then Alyssa and Beca Rivas.  Now Beca is a stubborn hard girl, but she's so great and helpful.  She has so much to give and just wants to help everyone. She has been a life saver for me many-a-time!!

This group of 8th graders saw Katelyn and I drive by and came to find us!  We drove down the road a little bit so I could change my clothes, lucky for me I had just barely (by seconds) finished when they pulled around the corner!  It goes as follows, Delaney, Alexa, Hannah, Colten, Abby, and Hannah.  It is such a fun spirited class, imagine 30 kids with big spirits and a lot of fun and chattiness in one room.... wow how did I do 2 years?

Hannah Brown, Katelyn Quintin, and I after graduation.  I tried to come as spirited as I could for the kids! So I have all purple, yellow, and black on.  Hannah is my worlds fastest runner.  She is ranked at number one in middle schools in the state according to the Idaho Sports website.  She is hard to get working but once she does, she's a fireball!  Katey is my reader, her and I are always giving tips on what books to read next and usually I'll read it after her but a couple of times I get to suggest to her what to read, that's always fun!

We got a small group to go hiking today.  We went to Driggs up Darby Canyon and tried to hike to the Wind Caves.  This is Bryan, Bre, and I on our way up the mountain.  It was all snowy up the trail and we got wet, but it was so much fun!  We really enjoyed ourselves.  Suzi had a walking stick and still fell a couple of times and soaked her pants, but it was still fun!  Afterwards we went to mexican in Driggs and did Jonnie a favor by cleaning his cabin. We played Yatzee for a while and relaxed.  It was a neat Memorial Day weekend!

Me, Suzi, and Alycia playing on the mountain.
Suzi and Eric Stevens at the end of the hike.

Yay Mexican!

I am seriously going to take up hiking this summer as a weekly activity.  I'm really excited for this challenge!!

3 comments:

  1. I'm going to start planning weekly hiking trips. Kirk loves to hike and William love to be outside! We should go together sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alyssa does not look young enough to have just graduated from 8th grade! She is gorgeous. Anyway, looks like you have had a great 2 years and your kids will be missed. Enjoy your weekly hikes this summer. & Enjoy your drive to Arkansas next week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that will be fun. enjoy the out doors as much as possible.

    ReplyDelete